Monday, March 7, 2011

A Little Personality

Ellie is now 2 months old! I can hardly believe it. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess! And we are certainly having a blast! I have always loved everything to do with babies--all the shopping, the little bitty clothes, the gear, even diaper changes!

My favorite thing, lately, has been getting to see Ellie's personality come out. She's quite the character. She absolutely despises tummy time. I put her on her tummy every day and she will just lay there and let me have it! Finally, after much fussing and carrying on, she has kicked her legs hard enough to roll over from her belly to her back. As soon as she is on her back, she stops fussing and is a happy, contented baby again. She will look up at the ceiling fan (because we have one in every room of this house). Ellie loves the ceiling fans. In fact, the ceiling fan in her room was the recipient of her first smile!

Which leads me to my favorite thing about her right now: her smiles. They just seem to take over her whole body. They start with her face and then it seems as though her head is overwhelmed with the weight of the smile--her neck turns and her whole head bobs with glee! She can light up a room with just a simple smile. Members of the family will run from another area of the house just to experience her cheesy grin.

Just as fascinating is her fussing. Ellie feels it obligatory to fuss a couple times a day. Just because. She doesn't really need to fuss... I think she knows it's just something babies do and so she makes sure we get to experience this little part of babyhood. Just this afternoon, she was sitting with me and we were staring at one another, making faces. She was all smiles and happiness. All of a sudden, her face went dark and she started fussing. Rather half-heartedly, I might add. She looked around and fussed once. Before I could even do anything to "make it all better", she looked to her right, gave one last half-hearted "Waah!" and then turned and smiled back at me.

Now, I don't know what that was all about, but I do know one thing: She is going to be an interesting individual. I can't wait to see her grow and learn her personality. Getting to know both my other 2 was exciting and challenging all at the same time. I'm not expecting anything other from this newest addition to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment