Friday, March 11, 2011

Ryan's Thinking Again

In our school district, school starts later on Fridays than any other day of the week. I love that, by the way. It leaves more time for sleeping. This morning, however, Ryan must have gotten plenty of sleep. His synapses were firing at quite a swift pace.

I had to get Ellie dressed before we left for school. Before I could do that, though, I had to make sure that both the older kids were getting ready. I made my rounds: First, Ryan's room to remind him that it's not time to play; we do that after school. He still needed to get dressed. Then, I had to make my way into Aurora's room, which I dread each morning. Of course, she was not out of bed yet. I had to gently wake her up. We have a saying "Don't wake the bear". Aurora is a bear if you don't wake her gently. I told her to get dressed, as well.

While I was in Ellie's room getting her dressed, Ryan was talking to me from his bedroom. Sometimes that boy comes up with some whoppers. Here's today's:

"I was upstairs with you and we weren't ready for school yet. If you had 100 kids, you would tell them all to get dressed. You'd have to have a GIANT house. Wouldn't that be weird?"

Whaaa...?

No comments:

Post a Comment