Monday, March 14, 2011

Who Are You & What Have You Done With My Daughter

A week ago, Aurora started getting sick. She felt miserable and was quite miserable to deal with, too. She's not usually so hard to deal with, but circumstances were working against her.

Now, as I have stated in previous posts, she IS a bear to deal with in the mornings, but that usually fades away after she has finally woken up. I constantly wonder how young is too young to introduce caffeine...? But, that is neither here nor there.

The last 3 days have been so challenging to our relationship. I don't know if it has something to do with Daddy being out of the house so much, due to his inventory. Whatever her deal is, it needs to come to a screeching halt!

Friday night went ok. She refused to eat her pizza. That's to be expected. She always does that. I just sent her to bed. Easy enough, right? I mean, she was incredibly tired and needed that sleep anyway.

Saturday was a completely different story. She woke up with all her resentment from being sent to bed the night before. I constantly tell Ryan to leave her alone in the mornings. He doesn't understand why she doesn't wake up like he does: happy to take on the day. After all, we teach our children that this is the day the LORD has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it. For whatever reason, Aurora doesn't want to adhere to that tenet of our faith. I had to send Ryan to his room Saturday morning because he absolutely would NOT leave her alone. He was being quite pesky.

Once they were separated, I spoke to Aurora about her behavior and how she needed to show the Fruit of the Spirit of the Living God--who she confessed, was baptized in the name of and now dwells in her heart. The huff that came out of her mouth during that conversation was something out of a sitcom. I told her to go get dressed and she left the room, slamming the door. *sigh* That got a spanking. She left and slammed the door again (which got her a second spanking), screaming about how I'm such a mean mommy and I just don't understand. She's right, I am mean and I don't understand. I didn't understand why she feels the need to scream all the time. She screams at her brother and at me. Sometimes she even screams at her daddy. That needs to come to a halt.

She woke up in a similar mood Sunday morning. Sunday kind of went the same way. She'd scream, I'd correct the behavior. She'd scream again, I'd remind her of why her behavior is wrong. It's like playing a recording over and over. I never get an apology, just excuses as to why she should be allowed to behave the way she wants. I feel so inadequate.

Today, Monday, she woke up with the same bad attitude. At this point, I'm trying to come up with ways to avoid her completely. Discipline isn't working. It's as if she truly enjoys behaving like a brat. I know what you're thinking: She's my payback from my behavior as a child. My mother swears up and down that I never behaved like that. Rob's mom also says that he did not behave like that, either. So, Aurora is just her own person. I don't know where it came from. Could it just have been pre-loaded into her from conception? We may never know.

In the meantime, I just want my kind, loving daughter back. This screaming meanie is foreign to me. My facebook status today:

FOR SALE: 8yo Girl. Cheap. Comes pre-loaded with GoodReader 2.0, PottyTrainer 2005. Needs upgrade to Attitude Adjustment 3.2 No Refunds or Exchanges.

No comments:

Post a Comment