Saturday, February 26, 2011

This Has Been a Rose Production

It's Saturday! I love Saturdays. Nobody has to be awake before 8 a.m. (although Ryan always is) and we rarely have anywhere to go on Saturday. It's kind of my day off. Kind of. Well, you know what I mean...

This morning I decided I was NOT getting out of bed before 9 a.m. Ryan disagreed with me. So did Aurora. Ryan woke up looking for some toy that he couldn't find. The whining began at 7:05. Aurora woke up screaming because 1 side of her nose was stuffed up. It was like a nasal apocalypse had begun in her room. *sigh*

The kids were anxious to get their day started. They love Saturdays, too, because they get to play together all day long. Their make-believe world is absolutely fascinating to me. One minute, they could be building a rocket ship to Pluto (Aurora wanted to visit to see if it really was a planet, or a sub-planet, or a moon), the next minute they could be getting married to one of their stuffed animals! They're awesome, I tell ya!

Amidst all their make-believe this morning, Ryan decided to put on a TV show. He called it "Baby Search". It was like something out of a Saturday Night Live skit. He would introduce the audience to the show: "Welcome to 'Baby Search'. Today we will be looking for babies." Then he would hold up one of his baby dolls and introduce her/him to the audience: "This is Tiger-Baby. He loves tigers. Say hello to Tiger-Baby." I guess that is where the audience interacts. Who knows? My favorite part of the show, however, was the audience question and answer time. Ryan would say: "Who has a question for the baby? You do? Thank you for your question. That is all the time we have for today. Thank you for watching 'Baby Search'!"

I don't know what the question was, but it obviously didn't need answering! I stifled my laughter in my pillow and Ryan continued on to the next baby--whose question needed no answer, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment