Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Mind is Racing!!

I have so many topics of Blog Posts running through my head. Perhaps just getting them out here and posting them will help me get things in order...


Professional Family Photos:

We had professional family photos taken last week. They were fantastic, and as soon as I get my act together, I am going to post them here with the information for the photographer's website. She was amazing with the kids and I am so pleased with my photos.


Tornadoes:

The tornado season this year has been horrible. My heart goes out to all the families who have lost loved ones--especially the ones who lost children. There are so many facebook pages popping up about children who have not been found yet. I don't even want to think about what could have happened to those children. My mind wants to envision Jesus coming down in the center of the tornado and pulling them to Him--much like pulling Elijah up to Heaven via Chariots of Fire. But, then again, my mind wants to envision these families reunited with those children and loved ones here on Earth in a miraculous fashion.


Scrapbooking:

I went scrapbooking last weekend and caught the "Scrapbooking Bug". Getting all the old photos together made me aware of how much all the kids look just like Rob did as a youngster. *sigh* Guess Ellie doesn't look as much like me as I had hoped. She did escape the Rose head shape, though. I don't know how to describe it. I guess when I finally blog about this you'll just have to see the photos for yourself. She looks almost identical to what Aurora did at her age. Again, the head shape is different, but the facial features are VERY similar.


Rob's Birthday Presents:

Rob's birthday was yesterday. As I am typing this out, I am listening to him play the Freestyle Drums on his birthday present: Rock Band: Beatles Edition for the Xbox 360. Yeah, that was a great gift! Aurora, Ryan and I can play along with him. My mom also got him a new pasta press--with a ravioli attachment. Who's happy about that? This girl, right here!! I love his ravioli and if this makes it easy for him to make it, I'm gonna be getting ravioli a lot more often! Yes!!!


No Substitutions, Replacements or Refunds:

My final blog subject was going to be about how Ellie is NOT a replacement or substitution for the babies I lost to miscarriage. I don't know what set me off today, but I had this VERY long thought process about how some people look at Elliana and see her as God's apology to me for the miscarriages. THAT ought to be an interesting blog. Perhaps I will get some comments, perhaps not. That's not really what I do this for. It's really just a way to give you an excuse to not have to go clean your kitchen or bathroom. You're welcome!

So, be prepared in the coming days/weeks for multiple random thoughts--a la Beth.

2 comments:

  1. I have had your blog written down to check out and am just now stopping by. Hello! Love your blog topics,should bring about some interesting discussions... Love you baby's name by the way. Elliana is beautiful! I don't remember seeing it on WTE, but there are so many people that say lo that I just might know your baby as lo. HAHA!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Just now seeing this. I do not use her name on WTE, don't know why. Her name means "God has answered" in Hebrew. We prayed for her for 2 years and we praise God because He answers our prayers above and beyond what we could ever expect!

    ReplyDelete