Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Break, Day 19

Our male resident uses the same bedroom set I had as a youngling. The rails for the headboard and footboard are set about 1-2 inches too wide for a standard twin bed. While growing up, I always had 1x4 boards to prop the boxspring up into the rails. Along the way, those have gone missing. I had a solid MDF board cut to the measurements I took, but having moved cross-country twice now, the corners of the MDF have gotten ruined. The mattress set keeps falling between the rails--a very dangerous situation, indeed. I made the executive decision today to remove the bed frame until we can cut our own 1x4 boards. 

This now means our oldest 2 residents dwell upon a mattress set simply placed directly on the floor. The youngest is the only one with a proper raised bed. In August, my Maternal Unit will bring a bunk bed set for the female residents to share in their room. The goal now is to have the middle resident's bed repaired by then. Our timing depends on the Co-Creator's willingness to utilize the table saw so he can cut the boards necessary for this repair.

The male inhabitant is disappointed in this decision to remove his bed frame. While placing the boxspring on the floor, I discovered a secret stash of junk under the bed. Said inhabitant must now clean his room without shoving items under the bed. Mutiny is at hand. I must go fight the good fight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment