Saturday, August 20, 2011

Some Things Never Change

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you have found a pattern: My kids do NOT like to clean their rooms. I don't know why they allow their rooms to become so messy; they always act like it's such a big surprise that I want them to clean up their messes! Why is that? I don't know... Perhaps they have short-term memory loss.

Today, I have made an ultimatum for the older 2: No lunch until your rooms are clean. I made the ultimatum at 10:30 a.m. More than enough time to clean their rooms before noon. It is now 2:40 p.m. and I still haven't made their lunches. Why? Their rooms are not clean yet! Argh!

They must not be that hungry, though. They aren't working very hard--at all! I have gone back there every 15-30 minutes to see their progress. Fortunately for each of them, there has been progress. Otherwise, I think my head might explode!

I desperately want to feed them. But, this is one of those Mommy times where I have to stand my ground. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment