Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ryan "Shredded" his pillow (FOD)

I went back to check on Ryan during his nap time today and found a pair of scissors in his crayon box. Now, knowing Ryan, it's terrifying that he even has crayons in his room, much less scissors! But, I looked around and saw that only papers had been cut. I did have a slight heart attack, though, when he came out of his room and announced:

"Mommy, I shredded my pillow!" and he seemed so proud and ran back to his room to show me what he was talking about.

Fortunately, he came out, thigh deep in his pillow case to show me how he "shredded" his pillow. I explained to him that when he says the word "shred" it usually means to cut something up into tiny pieces. He looked at me like I had grown horns and said:

"No. Shredded, like, you know, when animals shred out of something tight!"

"Oh! Bubba, you mean 'shed'!"

"Yeah, I shedded my pillow!" and he proceeded to show me how he sheds out of his pillow case!

tee-hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment