Saturday, December 24, 2011

FOD: That Apple

I'm instructing Ryan to clean up the play area in the kitchen.  He had a tough time getting the floor straightened up, so when I told him that he needed to clean up the table, it didn't go over too well.

"Why!?!?!?" --Ryan

"Because it's a big mess.  Santa Claus is coming tonight and we need to show him that you're a good boy, so clean up the mess, please." --Me

"Oh, dag-gummit!" --Ryan

"Wow.  Where'd he learn that from?  Huh, Mommy?" --Aurora, implying that I taught Ryan that phrase.

I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, as they say.  Both my speaking children just repeated my lines back to me in perfect form.  I'm doomed! 

Doomed, I tell you!!!

Of course, it does make me feel better to know that they will have children someday and hear these same phrases repeated back to them, as well. 

Muahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment