Friday, July 15, 2011

Over the Hill... Not Hardly!

So I turned 30. What's the big deal? Where's my parade; my pomp & circumstance? Where's that feeling that I'm supposed to--all of a sudden--feel grown-up now?

I begged Rob to do a 30th birthday party for me. I wanted it to be a surprise party and didn't want to know anything about it. The poor man, he tried so hard! In sending out the email to our group of friends, he accidentally forgot to erase MY email address from the group's setting!!! That's right, I got the email about my "surprise" birthday party. He was devastated!

So the party date arrived. I was surprised at how many people actually attended. I honestly didn't think that many people liked me--I mean, genuinely liked me. I knew they tolerated me, but... Well, let me just say it this way: We had a full house and there were extra chairs set out. People were still sitting on the floor in order to make room for everyone. It was such a blessing.

If there is one thing I've learned through the years, it's that stuff doesn't satisfy. Being surrounded by loved ones is what matters most. Oh, and to those of you who are over-saved (Rob), yes, of course, God matters MORE. What I mean is that during times of transition and milestones in your life, the people you love are the ones you want to surround yourself with and by whom you desire to be encouraged. These are the people who have helped mold your entire being into the person you are today. They celebrate with you, mourn with you and walk alongside you when you need them most.

Thank you to my encouragers, my cheerleaders, my co-conspirators (you know who you are!). Turning 30 really wasn't all it's "cracked up to be". It's so much BETTER!!! I'm completely and honestly sincere when I say you all made turning 30 so much more fun than when I turned 20!

So, to those of you who would say that 30 is "old", "outdated" and "over the hill", I laugh in your face. Ahahahahahahahahaha!!!! My life is just beginning to get good and I'm not letting a little number steal my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment