Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things my children say when we're out in Public

At Wal-Mart I was walking VERY slowly, trying to maneuver a cart and 2 kids. Aurora, frustrated with our slow pace, said:
"Mommy, I don't think you're gonna make it to Thursday. I mean, I think you're gonna have this baby right now!"

At Wal-Mart, Ryan saw an elderly woman in one of those electric chair carts. To my horror, in his loudest voice he said:
"Mommy, why does SHE need that cart? Can't she walk just like you?"

At LifeWay, as we were dropping off Rob's lunch, Ryan had to go to the bathroom. On our way back out of the store--as we were passing the largest group of customers in the store--Ryan started thinking out loud:
"Mommy, I don't think Jesus made any aliens. If He made aliens, then that would mean that Aurora would be scared and Jesus loves Aurora so He wouldn't make anything to scare her."

Now, I don't know how to explain where these thoughts came from. I don't know what goes on in my children's heads. I'm just so grateful to God that they have such solid minds; that they think so much and that they are so intelligent as to come up with some of this great stuff! I mean, think of all the stories I'll get to tell at their weddings!

We're home now and we [barely] survived our outing. I think we might have to cut these outings down to once a month, though. I just don't think my cheeks can handle the blushing heat much more often than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment