Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ryan and His Babies

I haven't been sleeping well at night. The newest baby (who is yet to be born) is keeping me up all night long. So this morning when I had to get the kids to school, I had a little bit of a short fuse. Both kids were cold and tired, too, and it was quite the combination.

All day yesterday, I was shopping for the kids' Christmas presents and for the last baby supplies we needed. Rob went out with me in the morning and my friend, Lynn, went out baby shopping with me in the evening. While Lynn and I were baby shopping, Rob texted me to get some wrapping paper for the kids' Christmas presents. No problem, right? I mean, how hard could that be? Lynn and I found wrapping paper within 5 minutes of the text. We were on our way to the checkout shortly after that.

It wasn't the shopping that was the problem... It was Ryan! He saw the wrapping paper this morning and decided he liked Aurora's pink wrapping paper better than his red wrapping paper. Now, this is the child who loves red. This is also the child who is content with whatever he gets--most of the time. I asked him why he didn't like his red penguin wrapping paper and instead liked Aurora's pink wrapping paper. The answer astounded me:

"Because Aurora's wrapping paper has babies on it."

I looked at him and told him that was too bad. He's getting red wrapping paper with penguins on it. *rolls eyes* I'm NOT going back to the store to exchange wrapping paper because it doesn't have babies on it. For goodness' sakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment